Tuesday 16 February 2016

Second Edit


  • The reason I made my film black and white was due to the fact I wanted to achieve the 'film noir' look therefore this meant that it would make my film look more dramatic and intriguing.
  •  I used a distorted sounds to create an edgy, disturbing sound track that would keep the audience at suspense throughout and so that my audience wouldn't get bored half way through my short film. 
  • I also used a forest sound effect for the effect of diegetic sound and can make the audience feel a if they are in and part of the frame/scene that is on screen which therefore makes the audience feel more on edge and engaged until the end so that they can find out what happens to the main character. 
  • I also used ambient noise to have an 'impact crash' on the door which again makes the audience feel as if they are part of the scene/frame thus leaving them scared and on edge.
  • I used repetition of sounds not to be lazy but to connote signs of insanity as well as adds elements of schizophrenia to the audience.
  • I took the scene where the alter ego of my character walks towards himself due to the fact i couldn't get the right affect for it to look as if he was flickering from side to side, however instead it just looked unprofessional and unedited.
  • I added a flash to when my character falls back from seeing his alter ego as it makes it seem as if he dies, leaving the audience in suspense.
  • I used flashes as transitions to make it seem more effective and 'psychotic'.
  • I used a soundtrack in the second half to add effect instead of keep repeating sound effects, so that my audience would get bored and annoyed with the same sounds throughout.
  • I added the title of my film and credits to my short film to make it look more professional as well as they are a vital part to a short film that completes it, otherwise it looks unfinished.
  • I used silence at some points to create tension within my audience as it usually indicates something is about to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment