Tuesday 9 February 2016

Second Shoot



For my second shoot I decided to work in the art room where I could choose whether my shots would be dark or light (high and low key lighting), however I chose to also use a spotlight so that the camera could pick up on what I wanted to film. It would also be able to create the silhouette look I was trying to create in some points of my shots as well as I used it to create the flickering effect of the lights, therefore creating an eerie, horror atmosphere. Whilst trying to create the flickering effect the spotlight would sometimes glitch and let out a massive flash which on one of the shots, completed the shot as I wanted the silhouette to appear the drastically disappear and as I was shooting the silhouette to disappear the light glitches and I would say it is one of my best shots as it followed exactly how I wanted it to go.


We started the first shot with my actor George on the floor as the transitions of my film are for my persona to wake up in an unknown dark, isolated place and be highly confused as to what is going on around him. Therefore, in my first shoot we worked in the woods and then in my second shoot I decided to work in an non escapable dark room (similar to the idea of saw however without the torture scenes). I also used a lot of POV shots throughout this shoot to present the persona's emotions much more clearly as well as the many stages of panic of which he encounters.






No comments:

Post a Comment