Tuesday 9 February 2016

First shoot

For my first shoot I decided to film in a woods to fit in with the eerie feel I wanted my film to give off to my target audience; due to from my research analysis of films most horrors or twisted films are filmed either at some point in a woods, dark alley or an abandoned/isolated house which then straight away gives on the 'unsafe' atmosphere to the audience that the persona that they are watching on screen is in soon to be danger.

Luckily enough I was allowed to borrow a friend's canon camera which had an option of 'film' on settings which makes everything you film much more clearer and film quality like; therefore this helped massively towards the outcome to my final shots as they came out much clearer and precise.

I was also able to a shoulder mount so that everything I recorded whilst moving (such as when my persona wakes up in the tree) wouldn't be shaky unless I intended it to be, which i pretty much used the whole way throughout filming as it completed the majority of my shots as it made them come out much clearer and stable therefore this meant that I wouldn't have load of shots that I wouldn't be able to include or use at all.



I also used a tripod throughout filming so that my camera work would not be shaken in the slightest, some of my shots had canted angles to give off the eerie feel and to present to the audience that there is beginning to be something wrong in the storyline. However other than that all my shots were not shaken and went the way in which I hoped they would come out.

In these shots shown on the right the tripod and camera were placed with autofocus as George ran up and down within the walkway as he was going to run after his 'other persona' then freak out and run away from his 'other persona' so we filmed about a minute of him running up and down the walkway so that we would have multiple shots that we could choose from and cut out all of the bits that we didn't need instead of keep having to back to the woods and reshooting loads of little bits, making it tedious and unnecessary when we could reshoot bits all at once and make the best out of the day which we got with the best lighting we possibly could of got in a woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment