Thursday 19 November 2015

Where Am I In My Current State of Coursework

Currently in media, I have decided my chosen brief of a short film under the genre of psychological/horror and the reason in which to why I changed over to a short film instead of carrying on with advertisement due to I knew if i carried on with the advertisement brief I knew i wouldn't have been as successful as I have experience within short films and I enjoy this brief much more as personally I find it more interesting.

I have tried to analyse as many short films as i can and still currently carrying on to do so, the reason in which this part of the research is so delayed is due to the fact that i want my analysis to be at the highest standard that it can be and that I don't just try to get it over and done with, only for it then to be half heartedly done and not to the best of my ability. However, I have analysed 10 film posters which highly helped me in my project due to now have some idea of what i want my film poster to look like. I want the film poster to be black and white due to most posters within my genre of short films have a black and white theme to them; i then want my persona to be predominant on the poster thus giving my audience somewhat clues to what my film is about as it will have a title of "Isolation" which automatically gives off the impression that the persona that is displayed on the poster is trapped wherever they are.

I have one post of secondary research where a blogger on youtube talks about a film that he has recently watched and highly criticises it, this was highly helpful for me as it began to make me realise what things i should be mainly watching out for whilst watching a film and how to make it easier and more basic, rather than writing a load of random notes that later on i would look back on and realise that i didn't understand or even that they don't really make that much sense. Therefore, due to this helping me create a better understanding how to analyse short films, i have decided that I need to carry on with further secondary research so that i can develop my skills even further.

I have also looked into the codes and conventions of short films and written a blog post of what needs to be included within my product for it to be able to be passed as a ' short film'.

No comments:

Post a Comment