Monday 23 November 2015

Survey and Analysis of survey

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VQXTRZ3

So in my survey i got the exact asked amount of responses of 100 the reasoning behind the amount of responses is due to the accuracy of how well i want my research to be, as due to if i only got a small amount of responses they would be highly limited and then i wouldn't get the necessary information that i need out of my survey, therefore with 100 responses i get a more varied response and more accurate and to the point.

My first question was ''what is your gender?" the reasoning behind this is so that i can target the right audience, it then also helps to create a cast due to males normally prefer to watch women or women prefer to watch men depending on the genre of the film. The predominant gender in my survey was Male so that means my persona will most like be male due to females are portrayed to be the weaker gender therefore a male will feel more comfortable watching a male go through self discovery.


My next question was "what is your age?" and the most dominant age range was 18- late 20's, therefore my target audience will be mainly to young adults. Age is important due to it will set the pace to my film because younger adults prefer faster paced films due to them being more inducing this would contrast to an older generation which prefer a build up and slower pace so that they can take an easier understanding to it.





The third question i asked was "what is your favourite type of short film?" which I then gave them the choice of the three types of short films, narrative, documentary and anamation so that I could get a good idea of which type of short film is most popular and which one will most likely have the biggest audience if I create. Narrative was the most popular answered therefore I have decided to make a narrative  short film due to it will give me my highest audience


The next question i asked was "what short films have you watched?" so that i can find out what the audience that have filled out my survey's genre of short film would be. I got a varied amount of answers from stupid answers that are invalid to my research so i will not include them, not seen any at all to a massive list of various different short films. The list of films i got were Le voyage dans la lun, mall, Wallace and Gromit, 2+2=4, One minute time machine, Plug, Vengence, Remember my story, One man and his dog, From the future with love, Waste, Immersion, Maybe, Eat the tourists, Elefante, The flying man, Inside, Unwind, Removed, Post it, Text me, One mans loss and promexity, Charlie McDonnell's short films, Promemity, The most beautiful thing, Slim time, Room 8, Brain Divided, Coming out, Simpsons short films, Journey through the Night, Swan Song, Waiting for Woody, Remembrance, Feast, Shock Theatre, The Boxer, Minecraft the film and so on. The genre's that were written instead of films in this question were thriller, action and documentaries, therefore i decided to choose a thriller/horror short film.

The next question i decided to ask was which do they prefer out of feature or short films, the majority of 65% said short film therefore the next question i went on to ask was why they chose short films compared to feature films. I then got a varied list of responses such as they take less time to watch, easier to follow the story line, it's nice to get to the point quicker, they contain more knowledge, they are more creative and don't necessarily follow codes and conventions, tends to be highly creative and they often use music to portray emotions rather than narrative script which can be much more effective to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment